Phone charger causes kitchen fire at Waterlooville house

Firefighters were called out to deal with a fire in a kitchen
Firefighters were called out to deal with a fire in a kitchen
ClassT9 30718 on a Stephenson Locomotive Society special waits for the off at Havant''Pictured at Havant we see a class T9 at the head of a Stephenson Locomotive  Society special. Can anyone confirm the date?'Picture: Barry Cox collection

NOSTALGIA: Long gone, but not forgotton – remembering old treasures

  • Hampshire Fire and Rescue called to blaze at 6am
Have your say

A MOBILE phone charger which had been left plugged in overnight sparked and caused a fire.

The incident gutted the kitchen at an end-of-terrace house in Primrose Court, off Jasmine Way, Waterlooville.

Two fire crews - one from Cosham and one from Havant - were called to the scene at just after 6am this morning.

Firefighters put out the blaze by 6.20am and stayed to carry out home safety checks and fit fire alarms.

A spokesman from Hampshire Fire and Rescue said the family had been ‘very lucky’ as the fire had been contained to just the kitchen due to the owner shutting the kitchen door. He stressed the importance of keeping doors closed.

No-one was hurt in the fire as the family had managed to escape.