A COUNCIL has reassured residents that they have nothing to fear amid concerns about dogs being poisoned at a park.
Gosport residents had raised concerns over social media about rumours of poison lying around Forton Park, after a dog was reported to have died.
But Gosport Borough Council says that there were no harmful substances found in the park.
A spokesman for Gosport Borough Council said: ‘We have had a very sad report from an owner whose dog has died, and who regularly walked it at Forton Park.
‘We have checked the park and have not found any suspicious substances. We have not been putting out any substances that could harm a dog.
‘We have no evidence of deliberate poisoning but will keep a close eye on this issue.’