These are the charges Hampshire County Council has bought in for waste disposal sites.
What will I now be charged for?
Soil and rubble: £2.50 per part or whole 30 litre bag, and £2.50 per individual item (e.g. sanitary units such as wash basins and toilets)
• Accepted at all HWRCs except New Alresford.
• Includes construction and demolition materials such as stone, rubble, clay, concrete, bricks, blocks, sand, tiles, paving slabs and ceramic bathroom suites.
• There is no charge for crockery or clay/terracotta flower pots.
• Limit of bags of soil/rubble per household per month has been lifted.
Plasterboard: £6 per bag or £10 per sheet
• Accepted at every HWRC.
Cement-bonded asbestos: £12 per sheet
• Will continue to be accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth HWRCs.
• Other types of asbestos are not accepted.
What other changes are there?
• There is a new trade waste service for small businesses, available at all HWRC sites except Efford.
• From later this year, it is expected that all HWRCs will open at 11am, but will be closed on Thursdays every week.