Make sure you get your Easter events licence warn Havant Borough Council

'Youthquake' helped attract young voters to Jeremy Corbyn's Labour campaign in May's general election. Picture: John Stillwell/PA Wire

‘Youthquake’ named word of the year by Oxford Dictionaries - but what does it mean?

Have your say

IF YOU are considering holding a public event over Easter make sure it’s licensed.

Havant Borough Council has issued a timely reminder that events which include the sale of alcohol, music, dancing and late night refreshments must be authorised by a licence or a Temporary Event Notice.

Organisers need to check the activities and hours they require are covered by a licence. If not, there is a simple procedure to obtain a Temporary Event Notice. At least 10 working days’ notice must be given.

The notice for Easter festivities would need to be received by the council on or before March 22.

Forms are available from for £21. Alternatively call the licensing team on (023) 9244 6660 or email