Make sure your event is licensed

Share this article
Cllr Hannah Hockaday

Building work begins on new £3.2m Cosham school

Have your say

ANYONE considering holding an event in East Hampshire over Easter has been warned that they may need a licence to do so.

Events including the sale of alcohol, music, dancing and late-night refreshments must be authorised by a licence or a Temporary Event Notice.

Organisers need to check the activities and hours they require are covered by a licence.

If not, there is a simple procedure to obtain a Temporary Event Notice. However, at least 10 working days’ notice must be given.

The notice for Easter festivities would need to be received by the council on or before March 22.

Forms are available on the East Hampshire District Council website,

The cost is £21 and you can call the licensing team on 01730 234389 for further advice.