Portchester family woken by fire in their kitchen

The new logo visible on University House, Winston Churchiil Avenue, Portsmouth

University of Portsmouth under fire over £800,000 rebrand costs as departments face cuts

0
Have your say

Fire crews from Portchester were called out this morning after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

Two crews were sent to the house in Castle Grove in Portchester at 5.41am.

The fire service said the family were woken when their smoke alarm went off.

Crews took under two hours putting the fire out, using a hose reel jet, a second jet, and a positive pressure fan to clear the smoke.