Portsmouth blaze caused by tea towel

The Rev Darcy Chesterfield-Terry looks towards the old city of Jerusalem

REV DARCY CHESTERFIELD-TERRY: There is far more than unites us than separates us

0
Have your say

A HOUSEHOLDER was left in shock when smoke started pouring from the kitchen home.

The blaze broke out at 7.20am yesterday in Stampsey Court, Wilson Road, Stamshaw.

A towel left on top of the oven caught light. The resident put the fire out quickly as the house filled with smoke.

Firefighters from Southsea managed to clear the smoke using large fans. The woman was not injured but firefighters said she was shocked.