Portsmouth shop raises alarm after light catches fire

The M275 flyover at Rudmore and the Mile End Road. Picture: Michael Scaddan

Crash causes motorway delays into Portsmouth

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a fluorescent light in a Portsmouth shop caught fire.

The incident in Radiator Showroom, in London Road, Hilsea, happened at 4.10pm on Saturday.

One fire engine from Cosham fire station was sent out to respond to the incident.

But the owner of the shop used a dry powder fire extinguisher to put out the fire by the time crews arrived at the shop.

Firefighters said an electrical fault was the cause of the fire.