Portsmouth woman rescued from kitchen fire

Share this article
A main road has been closed off after a suspected bomb was found

COUNTY: Urgent police hunt begins after raiders steal shotguns

Have your say

A WOMAN had to be rescued by firefighters when a blaze broke out in her kitchen.

Firefighters were called to the incident in Sutton Close, Anchorage Park, Portsmouth, shortly before 8pm yesterday.

Crews forced their way in to find the woman, who had fallen asleep and left a saucepan with food in burning on her stove.

The resident was roused by crews and taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, to be checked over as she had inhaled smoke and fumes.

Watch manager Ian Sales said: ‘When we do our home visits we tell people not to leave food on a stove when they are feeling tired.’