Reminder to clean fire alarms

Southsea firefighters save pet Chihuahuas from house blaze

Have your say

PEOPLE are being reminded to ensure they clean their smoke detectors after an alarm went off due to dust.

Southsea fire station were called to sheltered accommodation Yew Tree Court, in Haslemere Road, Southsea.

The call came in shortly before 3.30pm yesterday, and one crew was sent to the premises.

Upon arrival, firefighters found it was a false alarm.

The detector had gone off because of a build-up of dust inside the unit.

Watch manager Jamie Wren said: ‘We would like to use this opportunity to remind people to clear their smoke alarms regularly.

‘If not, dust can sometimes cause the alarm to sound.’