Reports of chimney fire

Share this article
Police in Middle Street, Portsmouth, over the weekend.

Attempt murder probe: second man arrested

0
Have your say

GOSPORT firefighters were called out following reports of a chimney fire.

When crews arrived at a house Brockhurst Road, Brockhurst, they realised extra smoke was coming from the chimney because a resident had accidentally put damp wood on their wood burner.

The incident happened around 11pm on Saturday.

Firefighters made sure everything was safe and gave out fire safety advice before leaving.