Residential kitchen fire brings crew into action

A KITCHEN fire left two residents with minor breathing difficulties last night.

Friday, 23rd June 2017, 9:31 am
Updated Tuesday, 18th July 2017, 8:34 am
Emergency services including the fire and rescue service will be present on the day
Emergency services including the fire and rescue service will be present on the day

Southsea Fire Station was called out to Richmond Road, Southsea, at around 6.30pm, after a resident had left something cooking unattended on the hob in their kitchen.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A crew attended the building an evacuated it immediately, before quickly extinguishing the blaze.

Two residents had inhaled smoke from the fire, and were subsequently assessed by an ambulance crew – which arrived on the scene shortly after the incident took place.

Nobody was seriously injured during the incident.