Restaurant evacuated

Snow in Southsea Common. Picture: Lynne Collinson

WATCH: From Spinnaker to South Parade – see Portsmouth’s snowfall in all its beauty

Have your say

DINERS and staff had to be evacuated from a restaurant after it became filled with smoke.

It happened at the Coast to Coast restaurant at Gunwharf Quays at about 3.30pm yesterday.

Crew manager Scott Yule of Southsea Fire Station said the smoke was caused by a cooking mishap.

Firefighters helped ventilate the building after the restaurant was emptied.