Small electrical fire on board sailing boat at club

Share this article
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a sailing club after a blaze broke out on a yacht.

The crew from Havant fire station were alerted just after 6.30pm last night.

They were called out to Emsworth Yacht Harbour, off Thorney Road, Thorney Island.

When the crew arrived they discovered that the electrics on the boat had short-circuited.

Someone had already put out the fire and turned off the electrics and firefighters confirmed it was safe.