Smoke sets off alarm

Jacob Monerville. Credit: Hampshire Constabulary

Man, 23, jailed for three years for dealing class A drugs in Portsmouth

0
Have your say

UNATTENDED cooking caused a fire alarm to sound in a retirement housing block.

One crew from Gosport was called to Neptune Court, in Stocker Place, Bridgemary, yesterday.

The call came in at 2.48pm.

The occupant had been using the grill in the kitchen, when hot grease started to give off smoke.

This caused the alarm to go off.

Firefighters arrived before a fire started, and cleared the kitchen of smoke.

They stayed until 3.05pm.