Snoozing man woken by alarm as Sunday lunch catches fire

A strike by firefighters has been called off
A strike by firefighters has been called off

Portsmouth coastguard called to reports of a body near Chichester

0
Have your say

A SMOKE alarm alerted a sleeping man when his cooker caught fire.

The occupant of the house, in Barncroft Way, Leigh Park, put his Sunday dinner in the oven just after 2pm, and fell asleep.

Just before 3pm his smoke alarm went off and he found smoke coming from the oven.

Firefighters from Havant were sent to the house but the small blaze was out by the time they arrived.