Southsea family ring 999 over carbon monoxide fears

Share this article
Jean Everitt from Friends of the Earth, Cllr Trevor Cartwright, Cllr Rob Humby, Cllr Graham Burgess, Jean MacGrory from Hampshire County Council with Callum Manson, Thomas Houghton and Skye Maccoll from Rowner Junior School. Picture: David George

Youngsters take on pollution

0
Have your say

A FAMILY rang 999 after the carbon monoxide detector went off in their home.

Firefighters were sent out to check if there was a gas leak at the property in Wimborne Road, Southsea, at 8.30pm yesterday.

The house was ventilated and equipment that monitors oxygen levels was used, but it wasn’t established whether carbon monoxide was present or not.

A gas engineer was called to monitor the situation further.