Southsea firefighters react as pan sets off alarms

Share this article
A main road has been closed off after a suspected bomb was found

COUNTY: Urgent police hunt begins after raiders steal shotguns

0
Have your say

THERE was a shock in store for a man who returned home to his flat to find it full of firefighters.

It happened at 11am yesterday when an unattended pan set off the smoke alarm in Raleigh House, St George’s Road, Portsea. Firefighters from Southsea had to break in to the flat to put it out.

The occupant had only popped out briefly but smoke quickly filled the flat. The property was not damaged.