SUN and clear skies brought scores of people out of their homes and on to Southsea Common, but also started off the barbecue bin fire season for firefighters.
A fire crew from Southsea was called to deal with a bin that had ignited after a disposable barbecue had been thrown into.
The crew quickly extinguished the blaze, just after 4pm, yesterday but issued a warning to people to make sure barbecues were fully put out to prevent further fires.
Havant firefighters were also called to deal with two small fires in the open yesterday, caused by rubbish being set alight accidentally.
The first was in Solent Road, in Havant, near Tesco, at 2.30pm and the second was in Greenfield Crescent, in Waterlooville, just before 4pm.