Taxi blaze at Havant car park

Investigation launched as RFA ship begins listing in Portsmouth Harbour

Have your say

A TAXI caught fire at a Havant shopping centre’s car park.

Firefighters were called out to the incident near Greywell Shopping Centre, in Greywell Road, at 11.15pm on Saturday. The fire, which started in the dashboard, was caused by an electrical fault.

The driver was already out of the vehicle before Havant crews arrived. They used foam to put out the flames and police arranged for the taxi to be recovered.