Tea towel left on oven sparks fire drama at Portsmouth house

Three HGVs were involved in the collision
Three HGVs were involved in the collision
Share this article
Warsash residents at a previous protest against housing proposals

Campaigners celebrate victory against 46 new homes

0
Have your say

A HOUSEHOLDER was left in shock when smoke started pouring from the kitchen of her Stamshaw home.

The blaze broke out at 7.20am today in Stampsey Court, Wilson Road, Stamshaw.

A towel that had been left on top of the oven caught light. Although the lady who lives at the property put the fire out quickly the house filled with smoke.

Firefighters from Southsea arrived and managed to clear the smoke using large fans.

The woman was not injured but firefighters said she was shocked by what happened.