Thatch blaze started by accident

Picture: Habibur Rahman

28 pictures that show just how beautiful Portsmouth is in the sun

0
Have your say

A FIRE that swept through a thatched house has been confirmed as an accident.

Six fire engines were called to tackle the blaze in Smugglers Lane, Bosham, at about 4.45am on Monday.

The fire destroyed almost all of the roof.

Smugglers Lane was closed to allow fire crews to get to the house.

An elderly woman was taken to hospital suffering from a minor case of smoke inhalation.