Child calls fire service to deal with Landport fire

SOUTHSEA fire station were alerted to a house fire after a call from an 11 year old girl.

Tuesday, 5th March 2019, 9:53 pm
Updated Tuesday, 5th March 2019, 11:20 pm

Two fire appliances were tonight sent to a fire at Newcome Road in Landport after receiving a call at 9 pm.

The fire is believed to have started due to being ‘cooking related’. With the parent having temporarily left the house the child was alerted to the problem by a the smoke alarm and called emergency services.

A spokesman for Southsea Fire Station said: ‘The 11 year old reacted in exactly the right way and this is evidence that all the first response work we do in schools is working.’ 

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise