Drunk student rescued by firefighters after locking herself in toilet

A drunk student had to be rescued by firefighters after locking herself in a toilet cubicle and passing out.

Friday, 26th May 2017, 11:41 am
Updated Sunday, 4th June 2017, 9:31 pm
James Watson Hall. Caption: Google Maps

A crew from Southsea Fire Station had to knock down the toilet door after a friend of the student phoned emergency services for help.

The incident took place at about 12.30am this morning at James Watson Hall in White Swan Road.

A spokesman from the fire station said the girl did not respond when firefighters initially knocked on the door.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

After getting in the student was woken up and handed over to waiting ambulance paramedics.

He urged people to make sure they drink responsibly on nights out.

A South Central Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed the service received a call just after 12.45am.

A co-responder from Portchester arrived on scene first followed by an ambulance.

The student was treated and taken to the Queen Alexandra Hospital.