Family praised for quick thinking after putting out conservatory fire

A FAMILY in Havant have been praised by the fire service for their quick thinking after putting out a fire at their home.

Saturday, 5th May 2018, 10:36 am
Updated Thursday, 7th June 2018, 5:36 pm
Adhurst Road. Picture: Google Maps

Havant Fire Station was called to a house in Adhurst Road last night to deal with a fire started from a can of fuel.

A spokesperson for the crew said: ‘We were called at 8.45pm to a property fire in Adhurst Road.

‘A small fire had started in a fuel can and spread to the conservatory but by the time we got their the family had already put the fire out with a hose and stopped further damage.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

‘We then assessed the scene for safety.’

No one was hurt and the conservatory was left with minimal damage.