Fire crews in Fareham put out toilet fan blaze and save girl from fence

A SAILING club had to be evacuated after a fire started in the loft space above its toilets.

Monday, 25th July 2016, 8:05 pm
Updated Monday, 25th July 2016, 9:08 pm

An electrical fire, started by an extractor fan, began in the ceiling of the toilets at Warsash Sailing Club, in Shore House, Shore Road, Warsash yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews from Hightown and Fareham attended the incident, at 12.35pm. They put out the fire by 1pm.

Firefighters from Fareham were then sent at 1.40pm to rescue a four-year-old girl who had got her knee trapped in a wooden fence in Church Path. They freed her within minutes.