Firefighters warn about importance of smoke alarms after kitchen fire in Havant
FIREFIGHTERS have warned about the importance of smoke alarms after being called to a kitchen fire.
Havant fire station attended the small fire at a family homeÂ in Kingsclere Avenue at 11.53am today (October 31).
A spokesman for the fire crew said: '˜We attended a kitchen fire and there was slight damage to the room and slight smoke damage to the downstairs of the property.
'˜No family or pets were hurt but the incident could have been a lot more serious due to the fact there was no smoke alarms in the property as it had been recently renovated.
'˜We installed some smoke alarms before we left but we would like to remind people to make sure they have working smoke alarms in their homes.'Â
The fire was put out by two firefighters in breathing apparatus.