Firefighters warn of cooking dangers after kitchen blaze in Havant

FIREFIGHTERS called to a kitchen fire are warning residents of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended.

Monday, 1st August 2016, 5:59 am
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 6:31 pm

The blaze in Hursley Road, Leigh Park, was already extinguished by the time the crew arrived at the property at around 1.45pm on Saturday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters ventilated the property before handing residents over to the ambulance service.

The residents were briefly examined after they inhaled smoke from the fire. Havant Fire Station has warned residents to be mindful of the fire risks caused by leaving cooking unattended.