Fridge catches fire in Portsmouth garage

A GARAGE in Portsmouth was damaged by smoke after a fire this morning.

Thursday, 3rd May 2018, 8:42 am
Updated Thursday, 3rd May 2018, 8:47 am
Firefighters attended a fire in a garage on Ebery Grove, in Baffins this morning. Picture: Southsea fire station

Southsea fire station was called to Ebery Grove, Baffins, at 5.20am.

A fridge in the corner of the garage had caught alight.

A spokesman from the station said: ‘There was a lot of smoke damage but luckily only the fridge was damaged by the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

‘The garage itself was still intact and the car inside was also fine.

‘We used breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a fan to clear the smoke.’

The fire was out within 30 minutes of arrival.