Pet dies after fire in Portsmouth conservatory

A TORTOISE died after a fire started in a conservatory in Portsmouth.

Sunday, 29th April 2018, 10:45 am
Updated Sunday, 29th April 2018, 10:56 am
Firefighters were called to Dovercourt Road last night. PPP-170719-103950001

Firefighters from Cosham were called to Dovercourt Road last night after reports of the blaze.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Two tortoises were housed in the conservatory and the crew were able to rescue one of them which has survived.

The incident happened at 10.05pm and two hosereels were used.

The crews cleared smoke from the area before making the scene safe.