Portsmouth van fire spreads to shed

A FIRE that started this morning in a van spread to a neighbouring shed, a firefighter has said.

Sunday, 7th October 2018, 9:33 am
Updated Sunday, 7th October 2018, 10:54 am

Cosham Fire Station were called to the scene off Woofferton Road, Paulsgrove, at 6.30am.

Crew manager Simon Bone said: '˜The fire had already spread when we got there.

'˜We believe it was caused by an electrical fault with the vehicle.'

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters put the blaze out within 20 minutes, after six people called the fire service to report the incident.

Mr Bone added: '˜Luckily it didn't cause too much damage, it was mainly just external damage to the shed.'

He confirmed the shed belonged to the same person as the van in which the fire started.

The fire crew left the scene just after 7am.