'˜Really nice' modified car in Gosport is destroyed after electrical fire in car park

A MODIFIED car has been severely damaged after it caught fire in a car park earlier today.

Wednesday, 15th August 2018, 5:50 pm
Updated Sunday, 2nd September 2018, 10:06 pm

Firefighters were called to the Halfords store in Creek Road, Gosport after a vehicle caught fire just after midday.

A spokesman from Gosport Fire Station says that the fire was caused by an electrical problem with the vehicle.

He said: '˜We were called at 12.28pm to a vehicle fire in the Halfords car park.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

'˜It was a small electrical fire in the engine compartment '“ we weren't there for too long, only around 10 minutes or so, and it only took a couple of firefighters to put out the blaze.

'˜Sadly the vehicle was almost completely written off by the fire. It's a real shame, because it was a really nice modified car.'