Unattended candle causes fire in bedroom

AN UNATTENDED candle caused a bedroom to go up in flames.

Monday, 19th December 2016, 5:59 pm
Updated Thursday, 29th December 2016, 3:01 pm
Damage caused by the candle in a home in Leominster Road, Paulsgrove today Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue
Damage caused by the candle in a home in Leominster Road, Paulsgrove today Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

The fire took hold in a second-floor bedroom in a house off Leominster Road, Paulsgrove, today at 2.15pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters from Cosham and Southsea attended and put out the blaze by 3pm. They warned people to ensure candles were not left unattended and were in proper holders.