Woman calls fire brigade after plug socket fills house with smoke

A woman in Cosham called the fire brigade after an overloaded plug socket filled her house with smoke.

Friday, 11th November 2016, 2:36 pm
Updated Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 5:02 pm

Two crews were called to Maidstone Crescent at 7.30am on Thursday where they discovering a smell of burning.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The firefighters cleared the smoke before unplugging and removing the socket.

The woman had already been told to leave by the house by control operators and to stay outside under fire crews arrived.

The firefighters left the house about 15 minutes later.