Electrics cause car fire in Portsmouth

Long delays on the roads after vehicle breaks down in Hilsea

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to check over a car which caught fire.

A woman was driving her car in Lake Road, Landport, Portsmouth yesterday when she noticed that a fire had started in the footwell of the front passenger seat. She pulled over and after she turned off the engine the fire stopped.

A young girl was travelling with the woman at the time.

As a precaution the woman dialled 999 and one crew from Southsea fire station arrived and made sure the car was safe to drive. Firefighter Rikki Noble said: ‘The fire was caused by an electrical fault.’