Tumble dryer fire at house

Thunderstorm warnings have been issued for Portsmouth. Picture: Steve Parsons/PA Wire

Portsmouth facing thunderstorms as Met Office issues weather warning 

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a tumble dryer fire, sparked by a suspected electrical fault.

Crews rushed to Mablethorpe Road, Paulsgrove, at around 4.20pm yesterday.

Firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel to tackle the blaze.

The blaze was confined to the machine and as a result no damage was done to the home.

The cause is thought to be an electrical fault with the tumble dryer.

Crews were back at the station by 5.15pm.