Unattended pan ignites

One of the seven stolen signs from the Isle of Wight. Picture: Hampshire Constabulary

Warning over fears stolen vintage signs worth £1,400 could be sold in Portsmouth

0
Have your say

PEOPLE are being urged to be careful when it comes to cooking – and to never leave a pan unattended.

That’s the message from firefighters after they were called to a flat fire because a pan had been left.

The incident happened at Meon House, in Cosham, at 4.40pm yesterday. Fire crews were called to the fourth-floor flat, but the fire had been put out by the time they arrived.

A spokesman from Cosham fire station said: ‘Never leave cooking unattended.’