Vandals ‘trash’ Fareham Town Football Club portacabin and steal flat-screen TV 

VANDALS have struck at Fareham Town Football Club again – leaving a behind trail of damage which will cost ‘at least £1,000’ to repair.

Bosses discovered the club’s portacabin had been broken into when they arrived at Cams Alders Stadium for a first-team clash on Tuesday night. 

A picture taken outside Fareham Town Football Club in 2015. Picture: Fareham Borough Council

A picture taken outside Fareham Town Football Club in 2015. Picture: Fareham Borough Council

Thugs stole a flat-screen television in the raid and ‘trashed’ the club’s kitchen area. 

The space is supposed to be used for hospitality purposes and gives match officials a place to go at half time. 

Town secretary Paul Proctor – who has ties to the club going back to 1987 – described the incident as ‘frustrating’. 

It comes after a homeless man set fire to the club’s commentary box two years ago. 

‘We arrived at the ground on Tuesday, went along to the portacabin and it had been completely trashed,’ the 50-year-old said. 

‘Someone had broken in, broken all the windows and stolen the TV. 

‘Including replacing that, I would estimate this is going to cost at least £1,000 to repair.’

The incident follows a difficult two years for those who maintain the club, based in Palmerston Drive, which has seen its stands become a hotspot for rough sleepers. 

Mr Proctor said items left behind range from the disgusting to the dangerous. 

‘This started last year but in 2018 it has got a hell of a lot worse,’ he said. 

‘We have have to pick up all sorts of of drug paraphernalia and we even found a six-inch knife the other day. The stands have also been used as a toilet. 

‘This is a problem, but all we can do is keep on keeping on.’ 

Tuesday’s fixture saw Fareham Town Football Club beat US Portsmouth 2-1 in the Hampshire Senior Cup.

A spokesman for Hampshire Constabulary confirmed a report of a break-in at the football club and said enquiries are ongoing. 

It is believed the incident occurred between 7pm on Tuesday, December 4 and 5.30pm on Tuesday, December 11. 

Anyone with information on the incident should call police on 101, quoting the crime reference number 44180464868.