Warning after bin blaze in Gosport

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people to be careful how they dump their used barbecues after a blaze wrecked a bin.

Monday, 19th September 2016, 5:00 am
Updated Wednesday, 5th October 2016, 2:45 pm

The incident took place in St Edwards Road, Gosport, yesterday morning, at 9am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A crew from Gosport Fire Station was called to extinguish a blazing wheelie bin.

The fire was sparked by the smoldering remnants of a disposable barbecue, a spokesman said.

Nobody was hurt.