Warning after bin blaze in Gosport

Police arrested the man in Watford yesterday

Urgent appeal for missing man from Hayling Island

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people to be careful how they dump their used barbecues after a blaze wrecked a bin.

The incident took place in St Edwards Road, Gosport, yesterday morning, at 9am.

A crew from Gosport Fire Station was called to extinguish a blazing wheelie bin.

The fire was sparked by the smoldering remnants of a disposable barbecue, a spokesman said.

Nobody was hurt.