Warning after chips blaze

An inspector raised concerns about Hilsea Lodge care home in Gatcombe Drive in Portsmouth

Council-run Portsmouth care home put into special measures

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people not to leave cooking unattended after a kitchen blaze.

Two crews from Cosham were called to a flat in Montague Road, North End, Portsmouth, shortly after 4am on Saturday.

The occupant had been drinking and was in the middle of cooking chips, before falling asleep.

A smoke alarm woke him up and the fire service put out the blaze and were at the flat for an hour.