Warning after cigarette causes fire in Gosport

Langton Road, Bishop's Waltham Picture: Google

Rogue landlord must pay £8,000 for taking tenant’s bed in illegal eviction

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS have urged people to discard of cigarettes carefully, especially with dry grass more prevalent because of the hot weather.

The warning comes after a crew from Gosport fire station was called out to a verge that was on fire along the cycle track between Clayall Road and Anglesey Road in Gosport.

A woman had discarded a cigarette which had caused dry grass to catch fire at 3.30pm yesterday.

A fire service spokesman urged people to take care.