Warning over dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning

Share this article
Headteacher Douglas Brawley with  Lib Dem Councillor Lynne Stagg outside Copnor Primary School Picture:  Malcolm Wells (180220)

Anti-speeding signs go up outside city primary school to protect ‘paramount’ pupil safety

0
Have your say

A SAFETY warning has been issued after a couple were saved from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning by their alarm.

The warning has been released by Hampshire firefighters following an incident near Southampton.

The couple had brought a smouldering barbecue back into their home and were alerted to the danger by a carbon monoxide alarm.

Ty Whitlock, community safety group manager, said: ‘With camping season upon us I would urge people to leave their used barbecues outside their tents. If you don’t, the results can prove deadly.’