Warning to put out barbecues and put in right bin

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people to make sure they put out barbecues properly and dispose of them in the correct bin.

It comes after one crew from Southsea fire station was called out to a bin fire near to the D-Day Museum, in Clarence Esplanade.

It had been caused after someone had failed to put out the barbecue fully.

They had also placed it in a general waste bin rather than the specially-designed barbecue bins.

The call came shortly after 2.45pm yesterday.