Woman rescued from Portsmouth flat fire

Firefighters were called to the flat fire in Paulsgrove
Firefighters were called to the flat fire in Paulsgrove
There's no end in sight for the hot weather. Picture: Habibur Rahman

When will Portsmouth’s heatwave end? Temperatures to reach 25C again this week

Have your say

ONE woman was rescued from a flat after a fire broke out early this morning.

Fire crews from Portchester and Cosham fire stations were called to the incident at a third floor flat in Rochford Road in Paulsgrove, Portsmouth, at 2.48am today.

When crews arrived at the scene there was extensive smoke in the premises, which had reached waist level.

The fire had started in the kitchen after an iPod docking station had been left on a cooking hob. The item set on fire and there was extensive smoke damage in the flat as well as damage to the cooker itself.

Three women managed to escape and were waiting outside the front of the flat and firefighters then went into the property and rescued the fourth woman.

They were all treated for smoke inhalation and taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham.