KEEP a lookout tomorrow as there might just be a Pudsey Bear coming down your road.
For a team of 20 carers will be pushing the Children in Need mascot through the streets in a wheelchair.
They will begin at Butterfly Care Services, in Hussar Court, Waterlooville, at 2pm and take it in turns to push Pudsey as they make their way through Cosham, Hilsea, North End, Fratton and Southsea towards their final destination of Gunwharf Quays.
The challenge will see them clock up a distance of 12 miles and they will hold charity buckets along the route so people can donate towards the cause.
The group has so far raised £400, but hope their feat will see them reach the £1,000 mark.
Julie Hobbs, 51, managing director at Butterfly Care Services, which provides care for elderly and disabled people in their homes, said: ‘I’m a bit nervous.
‘It doesn’t matter if it’s cold but we really don’t want it to rain!
‘We thought about doing something really different for Children in Need.
‘I’ve got a great team here who work really hard, so I thought, let’s all doing something together to get behind the cause. I really hope we can reach our target, and along the way we will be shaking our Children in Need buckets under people’s noses. We want to get the public’s support and we really want them to donate.
‘There will be plenty of laughs along the way. We’re not sure who will be dressing up as Pudsey yet, but whoever does will definitely be warm enough.’ The team will have a mini celebration to mark their triumph when they reach Gunwharf.
Dorota Rudnik, 30, a Butterfly Care supervisor, said: ‘I’m really looking forward to the challenge, it’ll be interesting to see whether I’ll be able to walk all that way!’
To donate towards the cause visit the group’s donation page
CHILDREN IN NEED EVENTS
· Pudsey Bear will visit St Thomas More’s Catholic Primary School, in Hooks Lane, Havant at 10am tomorrow. The mascot will join the school’s cake sale, which will sell sweet treats in the shape of the bear. All kids will be in non-uniform.
· Solent Junior School will hold a raffle and cake sale from 2pm tomorrow in aid of the charity.
· There will be a Children in Need fundraiser night at The Fountain Inn, The Green, Rowlands Castle, from 7pm tomorrow. Live music, fancy dress and a raffle with prizes will feature at the event.
· The Green Posts pub, in London Road, Hilsea, is holding a burger-eating contest in aid of the Kids charity tomorrow evening.
· Landport Community Centre, in Charles Street, Landport, will hold a charity coffee and cake sale tomorrow from 10.30am-1pm.
· Donate online by visiting visit the the Children in Need donation page. To donate by text send DONATE or PUDSEY to 70705. Donations are £5 or £10. To send cash by post write to BBC Children in Need Appeal, PO Box 1000, London, W12 7WJ.