Youths set fire to paper in flat stairwell

FIRE CREWS were called to a block of flats after youths started a blaze in a stairwell.

Monday, 1st May 2017, 1:40 pm
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:19 pm

Ten firefighters from Havant Fire Station were called to the flats above Sam’s Chippy, Middle Park Way.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The crews used one hose reel to put out the fire, which was started after youngsters set fire to paper in the stairwell.

They were called at about 12.30pm, and the blaze was extinguished straight away.

No residents were hurt or injured.