Man rescued from blaze after dog raises the alarm

Market in aid of carnival

0
Have your say

AN ELDERLY man was rescued from a house fire after his neighbour’s dog raised the alarm.

The fire broke out at the back of a house in High Street, Bursledon, yesterday, shortly after 7am.

Neighbour Jared Coleman said he was alerted to the blaze when his dog, a cockapoo called Priya, starting barking.

He rushed to his neighbour’s aid while his son called for help.

Fire crews arrived shortly after and broke down the door to rescue the pensioner.

The blaze was well-established and the man was taken to hospital by a crew from South Central Ambulance Service as he was suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.

It is not known how the fire started. An investigation is under way.