Grill pan sparks fire in Portsmouth flat prompting emergency call out 

Firefighters from Southsea attended the incident
Firefighters from Southsea attended the incident
0
Have your say

TWO fire crews were called to a small kitchen blaze at a flat on Saturday.

Firefighters from Southsea were dispatched to an address along Eastern Road shortly before 12.30pm.

On arrival, crews were met with a minor fire in the grill pan of a cooker.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze and provided safety tips to the residents before leaving.

A spokeswoman from Southsea fire station added that nobody was hurt and no major damage was caused to the property during the incident.

Officers spent about 20 minutes at the scene before being stood down and returning to the fire station, she added.