Travelodge has revealed the most bizarre requests its staff in Portsmouth have received in the past 12 months.
From wanting to bring a pet pony to requesting a picture of ex-Pompey striker Peter Crouch, it is safe to say that there have been a few weird queries.
And it is not just in Portsmouth, Travelodge have revealed the most bizarre requests from some of the 19.4 million guests who stayed at its 553 hotels around the country.
Here are the strangest requests at the Portsmouth hotels:
- Can you put a photo of Peter Crouch in my room for when I arrive? (Portsmouth Hilsea)
- Can we decorate your reception area as a Christmas Grotto for our children? (Portsmouth)
- Can I borrow your shirt for a job interview? I split tea on mine this morning (Portsmouth Hilsea)
- Will you come with me to my cousins wedding? My date can’t make it (Portsmouth)
- Does your pet policy cover my pet pony Penelope? (Portsmouth)
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge Spokeswoman said: ‘With 19 million customers staying annually in our 553 UK Travelodge hotels across the length and breadth of the UK, our hotel teams receive thousands of unusual requests from business and leisure travellers.
‘Where possible, the teams will go above and beyond to help customers. They do like a good challenge.
‘However there are some requests that they cannot help with, such as: arranging dancing dolphins at Lands End, for it to snow and to ensure all traffic lights are green for a business executive so that he gets to his meeting on time.’
Most bizarre requests around the country
Interestingly this year’s audit of bizarre requests does include a couple of celebrity requests.
The reception team at one London Travelodge hotel were completely star struck when a Hollywood movie star ran into the hotel ‘Fast and Furious’ requesting a safe haven for some R&R in the Bar Café after filming a big scene for a forthcoming blockbuster movie.
The hotel team at Salford Travelodge searched high and low to fill a room with 200 long stem white roses for a celebrity guest.
Listed below are details of the most bizarre requests asked at Travelodge hotels throughout the last 12 months:
- Are you able to fly in some Beluga Caviar from Russia for dinner this evening? (London City)
- Can you hold my place in the queue to Harry and Meghan’s wedding whilst I go to sleep tonight? (Windsor Central)
- Can you make a cat bunk bed ahead of my stay for my two Bengal kittens Simba and Nala? (Bristol Central)
- I can’t remember if I turned my house alarm on, can you drive to my house in Sandbanks and check? (St Austell)
- Can you fill my room with 100 pink heart shaped balloons for my Grandmother’s 100th birthday which say ‘Happy Birthday Grandma Gladysis’? (Newmarket Road)
- Can you please get four of your team members to dress up as the Beatles to perform at my friend’s wedding tonight as the band has cancelled? (Liverpool Central)
- Can you arrange for the dolphins to be dancing at 9:00pm – the same time that I will be proposing to my girlfriend? (Torquey)
- Can I have a duvet to ‘tuck my Ferrari in’ outside? It doesn’t like the cold (York Layerthorpe)
- Can you rename floor four ahead of my stay as it is an unlucky number in my culture and put eight gold dragons in my room for good luck? (Bicester)
- Can my horse stay in my room tonight? (Kendal)
- Can you arrange for a Mariachi band to perform on the Severn Bridge for my husband’s birthday? (Telford Central)
- Can you ask that the London Eye rotates in an anti-clockwise formation? (London Waterloo)
- Can you make sure all the traffic lights are all programmed to green so that I am not late for a very important business meeting? (Edinburgh Central)
- Please can you call the airport and ask the aeroplanes not to fly during the night as I am a light sleeper? (Birmingham Airport)
- Can I please have a comprehensive list of all the names of the roundabouts in the area to put in my log book? (Milton Keynes)
- Can you fill my bath with different flavoured scoops of ice cream as a birthday present for my wife’s 40th birthday? (Brighton Seafront)
- Do you have a private car park so that I can park my Rolls Royce Phantom in? (Derby Chaddesden)
- What is the altitude and longitude of the hotel, we are coming by helicopter and need to land? (Fort Williams)
- Could you point me in the right direction to your onsite library? (Durham)
- Can you book me a water taxi to take me across the river – I want to impress my client? (Newcastle Quayside)
- Can you arrange for it to snow tomorrow as I want a white wedding? (Cardiff Central).
Have you ever made any bizarre requests at a hotel? Let us know in the comments below.